If you want to upgrade Orchestrator a second time (either because you wish to use a different target Orchestrator version or if an error has occurred during the process), the
Upgrade-Orchestrator.ps1 script must be called using a new PowerShell window.
The migration process is not going to be rolled back in case of failure.
To update and migrate an older version of Orchestrator, perform the following actions:
- On the machine on which the older version of Orchestrator is installed, download the following archive in a new folder, such as
- Back up your automation packages and database.
- Open PowerShell in an elevated mode, as an Administrator.
- Ensure that the execution policy is set to bypass. If it is not set to bypass, run the following command:
Set-ExecutionPolicy Bypass -Scope Process, and select Yes to All by pressing the A key and then Enter.
- Change the directory to the one where you downloaded the upgrade files. For example,
- Run the
- (Optionally) If Orchestrator is installed on 2 or more nodes connected together by a Load Balancer (High Availability), repeat steps 1-6 on all the Orchestrator nodes.
- a. If the name of the existing website is
UiPathOrchestrator, press Enter when you are asked for the website name.
b. If the name of the existing website is NOT
UiPathOrchestrator, please enter the name of the website as it appears in IIS and press Enter.
Orchestrator v2018.1 can now be started from IIS and used with all the data that existed in the previous version. If Orchestrator is installed on multiple nodes, start all sites.
The old version of Orchestrator is backed up in the installation folder, in a directory that is named according to the following format: