- Click Add. The Add Role window is displayed.
- In the Name field, type a custom name for the role.
- Select the rights that you want to assign to the new role.
- Click Create. The Manage Users window now appears.
- Select the users you want to assign.
- Click Update. The new role is displayed in the Roles page.
- Click Manage Users for a specific role. The Manage Users window is displayed.
- Select the users that you want to assign.
- Click the Update button. The rights of the selected role are assigned to all the selected users.
Users can have more than one role.
To edit the permissions of an existing role click the corresponding Edit button, change the permissions and click Update.
The Administrator role cannot be deleted.
To delete a role, click the corresponding Remove button.
Alternatively, you can select multiple roles and click Remove.
Deleting a role also removes it from any user that had it assigned.
Users without a role assigned to them cannot access any resource.