Automation packages can be uploaded to Orchestrator manually, using the Packages page, or automatically, using Studio (if connected through a Robot).
Regardless of how you choose to do this, the default size limit of said packages is 30MB. In some cases, when trying to upload a package larger than the default size, a 404 error can be thrown. In other cases, the Robot can crash.
If you want to be able to upload files larger than 30MB, perform the steps below:
- On the machine on which Orchestrator is installed, open IIS.
- In the Connections panel, navigate to the Orchestrator site. The Features View panel is updated accordingly.
- In Features View, double-click Request Filtering. The Features View panel is updated accordingly.
- Navigate to the Rules tab. The window is updated accordingly.
- In the Actions panel, click Edit Feature Settings. The Edit Request Filtering Settings window is displayed.
- In the Maximum allowed content length (Bytes) field, type the maximum value that you want to be allowed. We recommend 1073741824, which is exactly 1GB.
Make sure the Allow double escaping check box is selected, as it enables the correct download of files with space characters.
- Click OK. Your settings are saved.
- Restart IIS to make sure your new settings are applied.