It is possible to directly update your Orchestrator to v2018 in the following cases:
- You have the latest 2016.2 version
- You have the latest 2017.1 version
To see the latest available versions, please check the Release Notes page.
There are 3 ways to directly update:
- Using the Scripts - suitable for a one node or multi-node architecture. An in-place update that copies all your settings and creates a backup folder for the old version. This is the recommended method of upgrading.
- Using the Windows Installer (
UiPathPlatform.msi) - suitable for a one node architecture. Please note that some
web.configsettings are not copied if the version you are upgrading from was installed using scripts. Please note that the repair functionality of the Windows Installer is not supported.
- Using the Azure Script - a complex update of Orchestrator and its components on one or multiple nodes, in the Azure Portal.
Regardless of the way you choose to update, please note that if the database you point to does not exist, it is automatically created while running the update. If you point to an existing database, it is updated during the same process.
The Orchestrator SQL database is automatically set to be case-insensitive (“OrchDB” = “orchdb”).